Hold Daniel, hold, please, as there are plenty pieces where
3rd & 4rth horn go much higher than 1st & 2nd : Donizetti,
Mendelssohn, etc.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Daniel Canarutto
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 10:35 AM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Verdi Requiem

Hans wrote:
>The requiem surely asks for A-basso & Ab-basso. The
conductors should
>know it from the score. It seems they cannot even imagine
how a score
>should sound. Poor conductors, you have failed your
profession. Is just
>money counting your business ?

Thank you Hans and all who answered. Actually this is a
fully amatorial enterprise, in which we will be joined by an
English orchestra and a German choir. The conductor is an
enthusiastic choir conductor who is having her first
experiences with orchestra, so don't blame her to much. She
was able to organize this event...

By the way, I now realize that I could answer my previous
question about the A and Ab parts just by looking at the I
and II horn parts, which are in E and Eb; obviously these
could not be lower than III and IV!

Daniel