From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Eric James
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 1:52 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Music from the Danish Royal Library

Tha last link Peter mentions is for the Serenade by Emil
Hartmann for ten instruments.  It's a terrific work and
deserves to be better known.  I believe there is a recording
of it somewhere.  Also, there is the Decet for winds and
strings by Gustav Helsted, another fine work.  I've made
modern scores and parts of both works--there is some
cleaning up to do in both--and am in the process of
arranging readthroughs.  If only other national libraries
would offer the same service.

Eric James

> I have been quite excited by the mention on this list of
the Danish
> Royal Library's having made some very interesting public
domain items
> available in PDF. This excitement has been followed by
severe
> frustration with the web-site's haphazard organization. I
have,
> however, persevered and found the following direct links
to the
> digitized sheet  music for several works with considerable
hornistic
> interest. If you use  them, you can save yourself a lot of
time
> groping around as I had to:
>
> http://www.kb.dk./kb/dept/nbo/ma/acclist/enoder-10-04.htm
> http://img.kb.dk/ma/ukam/dauprat-op6.pdf
> http://img.kb.dk/ma/ukam/amon-op20.pdf
> http://img.kb.dk/ma/ukam/amon-op109.pdf
> http://img.kb.dk/ma/ukam/gambaro-op4.pdf
> http://img.kb.dk/ma/ukam/mueller-quintetto-1.pdf
> http://img.kb.dk/ma/ukam/mueller-quintetto-2.pdf
> http://img.kb.dk/ma/ukam/mueller-quintetto-3.pdf
> http://img.kb.dk/ma/ukam/freyschytz-harm.pdf
> http://www.kb.dk/elib/noder/div/hart-seren/index.htm
>
> Now, I hope you have access to a decent printer and a pile
of decent
> paper stock.
>
> Peter Hirsch

http://music2.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/eric_d_james%