How far is the nerve damaged ? It all depends on that not
just on the repair of teeth. The nerve is all, teeth can be
replaced easily with todays technique.

Franz Soellner, fine third & second horn of the Vienna
Philharmonic & also superb chamber musician, he fell in his
dining room accidentally three four years ago, fell against
the table & cut one of his upper front teeth. Tragedy, but
not extremely tragic. But the cut tooth cut through the
lower lip, cutting one of the nerves. Well, he got the tooth
repaired perfectly and could resume playing after a while,
but just for five minutes or so until the lip turned white &
refused to work properly. So the real tragedy began.

He had to quit playing in that famous orchestra & playing
the horn in general. This was a real tragedy everyone might
be able to imagine. The whole life devoted to the arts, but
now ? He confessed to me, that he did not even dare driving
near the Staatsoper or the Musikverein building. It took him
a year to overcome this trauma. Yes, it worked finally. He
could retire, having another additional insurance covering
the loss of income.

But he returned to the music by teaching, by conducting the
Wiener Waldhorn Verein, by acting as some kind of archivist
for the philharmonic. He returned to the concert hall, but
not actively, but passively instead as a listener. So he
still enjoys the music.

Keep this in mind. Ask your dentist or nerve surgeon about
the REAL chances, bringing the lip back to perfect work,
before you invest a fortune for nothing. I tell you this
just as a warning before any severe frustration will appear
to you.

Good luck, anyway.