Dave Weiner wrote:

Hey, here's a good exercise: play all your scales, arpeggios, and other warm
up studies, but where you would normally play on your F side, play the Bb
side, and vice versa. When I used to have a particularly difficult passage on
piano, I'd practice it backwards.  It forces you to think

Another interesting exercise (for a different purpose) is to play the Farkas warmup on the Bb side starting with T13 instead of open on the F horn, then go *up* a half step at a time as high as you can -- that is, T23 starting on the C#, T12 starting on the D, etc. Leave off the top note if it's too high. One purpose of this is to practice getting an F horn sound on the Bb side. After all, F open is the same length tube as Bb 13, but the Bb horn tends to sound brighter and more hollow, especially on the lower notes.

Chris Earnest