From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alon reuven
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:30 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Water key

Dear all
I have been thinking of installing a water key in my mouth
pipe and my 3rd finger slide . The thing is - each and every
horn maker describes endlessly how every tube is carefully
designed in a way it won't make any turbulence .
On the other hand ,water keys do appear in horn design .How
come a hole in the tube wont Cose any turbulence , and is it
safe to place a water key on the 3rd finger slide?