Hello Hans and Bob

I have done quite a number of private instrument imports from Germany. When I
investigated the
cheapest way to transfer my payments, I learned that all incomming registered
mail to Germany is
scanned. It is by German law prohibited to send cash of any sorts into German
via registered mail.
If any cash is found by the scanning, it will be confiscated by the German
state. And the money
cannot be retrieved no matter where or how often you sue the German state.

I would guess, that there are one or maybe even two German consulates in
California. I would go
and ask such a place for help.

Klaus