--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Any recommendations for Christmas music for brass quintet and organ?
>
> Esp. helpful would be pieces where the organ part is not 'overly challenging'
>   ;>)

You surely will find several such commercial editions of such music out of the
US/British
traditions. Very likely also out of the larger European continental nations.

Denmark is a smaller nation, but still has a beautiful carol and hymn tradition.

I have collected about 25 Danish carols and hymns. Each hymn is issued in 9
fully compatible
playing scores, which allow just about any instrument to find a part to play
from. All the scores
can be mixed and matched as long as good musical taste and balance are observed.

There are 3 informational texts.

Programme notes on the music which goes from renaissance through romanticism

Presentation of the 9 score types for various instruments, pitches, and clefs

Suggestions how to combine 9 score types into smaller and larger mixed ensembles

This music cannot form the core Christmas repertory in an English Christmas
concert, but it can
form an interesting and worthy expansion.

My professional teaching career was very much about creating a relevant
repertory for "impossible"
mixed ensembles. This application of my modular arranging system was inspired
by my learning about
the very "non-standard" American church ensembles.

It can be found here:

Klaus

or with my extended signature:

My download homepage has a link for the index of all my uploaded music files.
You can download
them for free, when I have received your reply to my "Welcome"-mail. Players
already approved for
the group in question of course have direct access.

Klaus Bjerre of Denmark
Retired teacher

Index over 45MB+ of free music files in .pdf format to be found in the Files
area of:
(Approved membership required)

Index over 2.2GB of brass instruments galleries and catalogue scans to be found
in the Files area
of:
(Membership is open for all)