Well Mr Baumann may be a good player, but for this particular piece I think
the only one who can do it justice, is Tony Halstead.  His rendition of the
chords is pure magic and though I have only heard 3 versions of this piece
(the 3rd I think was David Pyatt last year sometime) I haven't heard anyone
play the chords like they are written.
The rumour of this Halstead recording is that after the session for the
other pieces on the CD, the engineer said they had space left and was there
anything else that could go on it?  Mr H simply said how about the Weber -
and the rest is on CD to prove his expertise.  As I say, that was a rumour I
heard, perhaps to be corroborated or shot down in flames - I stand back to
receive either.  Needless to say it was entirely done on the natural horn
and very expertly so.

Paul Fox
Sheffield