Hello all,

There will be a memorial/tribute/concert to honor and
celebrate the life of Prof. Louis J Stout. It will be
held at the University of Michigan School of Music
recital hall on the north campus of UM. It will take
place at 5pm until approximately 7pm with a reception
immediately following.

This mass e mail list was put together with the help
of various former students,friends, and colleagues of
Mr. Stout.The common thread we all share is that
Mr.Stout touched all of our lives in a special way,
most of us as students who would not be where we are
today without him and his incredible drive and
dedication to help us be the best horn players we
could be. Pardon the duplication of e mail to many of
you who have already responded about attending.There
was already a beautiful memorial service put together
by Louis Jr. and family in Omaha.Some of you were able
to attend, but many were not able to because of
professional commitments. There was an overwhelming
desire by many of us to also honor Prof.Stout at the
University of Michigan where he taught for 28
years.The idea of a monday time came from Dan Sweeley
who thought more players and former students in
orchestras who could not attend in Omaha might be able
to on what is usually a day off for most musicians.It
turned out to be a great idea as many are planning to
attend
Most importantly, Glennis and Louis Jr. will be in
attendance and will also be playing!

Many suggestions have been made  for this memorial.
There have been offers to perform and/or suggestions
of music. All are most welcome! We will have about 2
hrs. in the recital hall so the challenge will be to
fit the musical and testimonial tributes into this
short time period. There will also be some mass choir
pieces at the end, so please bring your horn. Please
send suggestions for other pieces, too!! We will try
to accomodate as many wishes as possible!There will
also be performances from UM Stout scholarship winners
and a horn choir performance from the current UM horn
studio of Soren Hermansson.

Many people also sent written tributes/remembrances
for the Omaha service that Louis Jr. will be sending
to me to be included in a booklet. If you would like
your memories of Prof.Stout included in this booklet
and you did not already send a letter to Louis Jr.
please e mail me and I will put it in the booklet.

There will also be some time at the service for people
to speak.
Let me know if you wish to do this.

If you know of anybody not on this e mail list who
would be interested please forward this to them.

If you wish to make a donation, the family wishes that
it me made to the Louis Stout Scholarship Fund
(make check out to University of Michigan, in memo
section please specify Louis Stout Scholarship Fund)
mail to:
School of Music
2005 Baits Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2075

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to
ask. If you can come please e mail me a RSVP if you
can attend or not. If you have already replied you do
not need to do so again.

Thanks, I hope this will be a fitting tribute to a
true legend!

Sincerely,

Bryan Kennedy
2nd horn, Detroit Symphony Orchestra