> ...the thoughtful horn player who had the part last wrote in all
> the fingerings to each note of a nontransposed part IN THE
> WRONG KEY

At least here in the USA, I find all the office supply stores carry
little sticky "note-ettes." Some of them even come with little
"greater than" symbols on them (this is, ">") so you can just stick
one on above the key changes that manuscript music often hides.

Of course, you can also get them in colors, so green could equal KEY
CHANGE, red could mean DYNAMICS, etc..

Then, when the performance is over, you can flip through and unstick
the stickies, and the music if right back where it was when you got
it.

I've used these things most effectively on music where the "road map"
is torturous and I have only two rehearsals before the performance. In
a musical show, you'll often cut from (for instance) measure 34 to
measure 459... which involves turning pages and landing 1/2 way down
in the middle of the page. My eyes respond well to the "flip the pages
and find the green arrow" style of part marking. I'll bet we've all
seen parts where there are giant red "X"'s painted across
page-after-page, as if no one else in the world matters.

Try the sticky note-ettes; you'll probably like them. And, if you're
cheap like I am, THEY'RE EVEN REUSUABLE!!!

jrc in SC