From: Bill Gross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 'The Horn List' <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 09:03:24 -0600
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Fingerings, accidentals & making music

Taking this off in a different direction, looking at the mechanics of
setting up a community based music group.  One of the problems I run across
is following copyright laws.  We do it.

The down side is the transient nature of our membership.  Some folks show up
for a session then for various other reasons can't make the next.  We end up
not letting anyone take music home to practice because parts will start to
disappear.  I had suggested making copies of our limited library and letting
people take them home.  The copyright "smart people" were of the opinion
that this would violate the copyright.

Anyone else aware of this problem and come up with a good solution?