Rebecca, it does not interfer with your teaching, off
course. But it is not so good, if you play the first two
weeks after the removal of the tonsills as the increased air
pressure in your mouth might result in "after bleeding"
which is not without danger. I had this once, when I got my
tonsills removed 1976 (the week Mao Tse Tung died). My
surgeon was extremely good coming from micro operations on
mice for cancer research. Very careful, visiting me
threetimes a day the days after the operation. No bleeding
while in the hospital. Eating "Escalope Viennese" two days
after the operation. BTW operation was done with local
anesthesia only. Six days in the hospital. But my then
colleague (Coprincipal) had an important gig just two weeks
after my operation. But that day was "Frau ohne Schatten".
Well, I did it. But this was much too early. I got a heavy
bleeding after the performance, I´ll never forget. Be very
careful & take better three weeks off the horn. Just for
safety. You will lose nothing but gain much: your health.

But as you suffered on tosillitis (inflammation of the
tonsills & occasional abszess), it is really better, to get
them removed. It will take a few weeks to get the typical
sound of your voice back, also the very distinct personal
sound on the horn. But this can be mastered easily. If you
receive a call over the phone just say: "Dont be afraid, it
is just me !"

Good luck !

Greetings

Hans