Red and blue are among my favorite flavors, but not brown.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Sent: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:23:23 -0600
Subject: [Hornlist] Centers Around

> What really gripes me is when the professional talkers (& even worse, the
> professional writers) say & write dumb stuff like, "The crisis centers
> around  disaster preparedness."  There is no "center around."  Center in,
> center on, center at, center somwhere around (i.e., center somewhere near)
> -- all OK.  The center is smack in the middle.

As a police officer, I was often dispatched to "be on the lookout" for a
Chevy....brown in color.  I would ask, "Has brown ever been a shape or size?"
I knew that it was a color!

The sixth graders are coming in the band room...back to work.

Greetings from the Gulf Coast

Stephen Pearce
Foley, Alabama