thereby correcting Strauss' oversight...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Dickow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'The Horn List'" <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 8:03 PM
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Hornlist] worst piece of music!

I seem to remember playing that La Gazza Ladra too. ;-)

But, then, you must have played the band transcription of Till
Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks in which the arranger put all the themes back ON
THE BEAT. So, imagine the opening horn solo starting on the downbeat and
continuing in like fashion... ;-)

Bob Dickow,
Lionel Hampton School of Music
University of Idaho