The Conn #2 should not be hard to find, as it is the standard that Conn ships with its horns. Don't know anything about Faxx. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Finer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 11:22 AM
Subject: [Hornlist] faxx mouthpiece equivalents

Hello all-
My daughter's horn teacher has recommended a Conn #2 mouthpiece for her; she's in 7th grade and plays a Holton H177 at home and a Yamaha 567 at school. She and I were thinking that it'd be nice to have one mouthpiece at home and one at school. I've noticed Faxx mouthpieces advertised, and some descriptions say that the Faxx 2 is equal to the Connstellation mouthpiece. Is this the Conn #2, or something else? Would a Faxx mouthpiece be appropriate for her, or should I go with the harder to find official Conn for twice the price?

Thanks,
Dan Finer