In a message dated 2/3/06 12:37:58 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Anyone out there have any success with fixing this specific sort of
> problem?

If there are any ledges, then the slide must be dissasembled and reassembled
without the ledges.
Also, the slide may have been assembled with a lot of tension in it. This
could cause   difficulties in response.
 If it were my horn, I would also check to make sure that the crook at the
end of the slide had the same internal bore as the slide tubing.
Is the slide loose? If so, it may need to be tightened.

These are some possibilities for helping to correct the problem.
Paul Navarro