A little addendum, please, about the Graas collection. I was on the IHS Advisory Council when Bob Marsh collected the memorabilia and such for the IHS Archive at Ball State. The Advisory Council and the Librarians got together and decided that the purpose of the Archive was not to collect 'horn stuff' but to collect material only that pertained to the IHS from its foundation and marking its progress and development through the years. In turn, that means the IHS Archive was not a "Horn Museum." Therefore we were not collecting materials and artifacts about the horn. I am not sure whether the artifacts collected went to Eastman or not when we changed depositories. Such items as the Graas horn and more would be more suitable for a museum of music, of which there are several.

CORdially,

Paul Mansur