Barry Tuckwell recorded the Strauss concertos for EMI in1990,and I quote here
from his notes in the  CD booklet " He dedicated all his early horn
compositions to his beloved papa.(seinem lieben Vater).The first of them were
two
Etudes written in 1873, when he was nine.They clearly show the latent heroic
style
which was to manifest itself in his First Horn Concerto.I had hoped to
include them in this collection,but permission to do so was refused by the
Richard
Strauss Estate,so they continue to lie neglected in Garmisch "

www.richard-strauss-institut.de (for all contact information)

Greetings from Bavaria
Adrian