Anyone got any tips for learning to play better in tune as
a horn section (in an orchestra)?

I think most of the tuning errors are coming from one of
the players, but not all, and I couldn't swear that I'm always
playing 100% in tune - and maybe I'm being drawn off pitch by the
others?!

The point is that we are aware as a section that we're not
best in tune, and we're all individually trying to be in tune,
but it's still not working.  We're also a friendly bunch,
and saying "Xxx, you're flat" every five minutes isn't going
to do much for morale. I'd like us to get in tune AND remain
friends with each other.  There's no head of the section, we're
of fairly similar ability and we rotate the parts round from
piece to piece.

The conductor helps sometimes, but most of the time he's too
**** polite and won't say "Xxx, you're flat/sharp" either.

Does anyone have any tips for how we can collectively improve
our tuning? Exercises to try as a section? Cunning uses of gadgets?
Ways to convey pitch errors without getting people's backs up?

Sharon