Why still keeping these junk horns or horn ruins ? Convert
them to lamps instead playing them.

There are no really bad horns, but a majority of weak
players. Their weakness starts with their negligence to
principles of playing & maintaining their instruments or
setting them in proper playing conditions.

Why are they out of tune many times ? Because the valve
slides are not set properly but shoved in as much as
possible. Why are they too sharp & too pinchy in tone ?
Because the player use a very thin bore mouth piece as they
have their problems with notes exceeding written e2 or f2.
How to help ? Using a regular mouth piece with a 4.3 - 5 mms
bore, not forcing the high register, not playing loud all
the time. Gaining high register by playing low notes right.

Why is the attack so difficult ? Because players croach into
the mouthpiece with their upper AND lower lip so to block
the hole in the middle. Understood. Then they have to push a
lot of air & very hard, to open the HOLE in the middle. This
results in the PLOP at the beginning of the sound they
produce & name tone, but it is rather a fart (in the
positive sense, as it is produced in a similar way).

And the attack becomes more difficult, if the players use
trumpetlike rims on their mouthpieces instead of smaller
rims, which hurt if the pressure exceeds the normal
pressure. Why do they press too much ? Because they do not
practise enough or in improper way. They often practise
things they do not need as they work anyway. So they waste
time & embouchure strength, much needed to practice things
they cannot do well yet. It is a brain matter. But they like
to please themselves by playing the same things again &
again, which they can do well anyway.

If any player, good or less good, advanced or beginner,
tries to explore the horn first with the natural harmonics
playing softly, and listen where the pitches are & how they
are, if they try first to play soft & slow things to get
used to the instrument, they can play in a decent manner on
ANY horn. Well, leakness is another matter, a technical
matter, which cannot be calculated here. I speak about ANY
horn in a decent condition.