At 9:02 PM -0500 3/5/06, David Goldberg wrote:
Which plays better, your single F horn or your standard double on the F side?

Actually, David, I am not sure what information you want. Is this is a rhetorical question in some way, or fodder for a discussion?

How do you define "better?" For me, "better" is different when I am practicing from when I am playing. When I am practicing, it is not my goal to be totally accurate, but, rather, to work on the aspects of playing which will bring me closer to that accuracy.

Which single horn? Mine, as in the single F horn I usually play, or, just any single horn? Same for the double horn.

A single horn is usually lighter than a double horn, and lightness facilitates slight movements which make playing easier. It causes less fatigue from holding it, as well.

The vibrations on a double horn have to pass through an extra valve, causing more potential disruption of the vibrating air column.

So, in answer to your question, my single F horn plays better than the F side of my standard double horn.

Or, did you mean to send me your question privately?

Carlberg
--

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My ISP feels that some of my e-mails are not worthy of deliverance.