Matthew

I can only thank you so much for quoting this article!

You may know me as one of the odd men out on the list (please go 500 miles
south for the orther
one).

As a musicologist I barely can bear listening to music any more. A totally no
fun situation! My
relationship with music mostly is about reading scores and taking my chances on
the BBC Classical
night radio, which is broadcast in my country, and which transmits recordings
from very obscure
orchestras and conductors. Actually engaging my ears with new aspects of the
Central European
(plus Italian, British, and French) heritage which is my homebase.

Karajan did a lot for me, and I cried, when I learned of his death, even if I
never was in
agreement with him. The  same went for Bernie, who was closer to my heart.
Barenboim was the
revelation of my youth (we are not too far apart in age), but the redtop
celloist, with the tragic
fate (her name sadly escaping me), was even better. The older list members will
rember the famous
video of Die Forelle with the crutch guy (I am one myself now) on violin,
Pinkie on viola, the
redtop on cello, Zubin on double bass, and Barenboim on piano. Ouch, ouch was
that music. I’m not
out on defamating anybody, just doing work-arounds about my aphasia, which hits
hardest on names.

I used to be a matematician also with a not too strong, yet decent, aspect of
sociological
statisticts. What is the common denominator of al the musicians hinted to aside
from the redtop
and Karajan?

Levine falls under the same category. And I am so happy about him doing
something real good for my
heritage.I cannot do anything but for wishing the best for his recovery.

Somebody wants to pull me out of the mothballs almost 20 years after my
retirement. I may take the
challenge and go conducting on a continent different from mine. If so happens,
I hope to meet a
lot of you.

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre of Denmark
Retired teacher

Index over 45MB+ of free music files in .pdf format to be found in the Files
area of:
(Approved membership required)

Index over 2.3GB of brass instruments galleries and catalogue scans to be found
in the Files area
of:
(Membership is open for all)