From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 1:02 AM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] student sized instruments

If it's not something you'd care to play yourself, it would be totally
irresponsible to put it into the hands of an inexperienced student.
However, you seem to have one advantage over many teachers, who don't
even seem to be able to recognize a decent instrument from a piece of
crap. Perhaps the students who patronize such teachers aren't worth a
better instrument.

Hans' portrayal of 99% of students and teachers as bumbling
incompetents is probably pretty close to accurate. We listers keep the
list going because we enjoy aspiring to the one percent status.