Hi all
I have been wondering for quite a while about the Finke mouth pipe valve
idea . At a first glance it seems like a revolutionary idea :the high f horn
does not interfere with the double horn structure , and the chances are
,that the reaction of the instrument would resemble the kind of reaction
double horns produce , plus the advantage of an high f module.
Now - I found out that the idea of a mouth pipe valve has been patented by
Veneklassen , back in the early 70 's (I read about it in hornplayer.net ).
Is the Idea of a mouthpipe valve so bad ?
If not - how come other makers did not try it?
thanks,
Alon