On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

message: 6
date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:48:39 -0700
from: WIlliam Botte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] Natural horn------Mara

Natural horn studies used to be de rigeur for hornists, so it should
help your over all technique.  I don't speak from experience, others
that were lucky enough in there early teachers should provide us with
the insight you seek.

Let's hope that all of Maras interlocutors aren't dealt with in such a
contemptible manner.
--wabotte

Hello,
Well, guess what, study of the Natural Horn and how it works, even if it is just on your own valved horn, IS the REAL KEY to learning to play our modern instruments. OK, now I have given up all my secrets. Am I kidding? No. Understanding, getting a feel for and manipulating the natural harmonics is what it is all about. That's how a horn works. Its not a clarinet. Think about it.
Sincerely,
Wendell Rider
For information about my book, "Real World Horn Playing" and the summer seminar, go to my website: www.wendellworld.com