Steve Freides wrote:
Mozart is arguably the greatest composer to ever have walked the face of
this Earth.  For a musician not to like Mozart means only that the musician
doesn't understand Mozart.

Thank you Steve, you spoke the absolute truth. Several times, by now, I read in posts coming from the other side of the pond: I don't care for Mozart, I don't like Beethoven, Tchaikovsky is boring etc. One also reads quite enthusiastic posts about film music, band music, advertisment jingles etc.

Then you ask why classical music is loosing ground?

As for me, any minute not spent playing Mozart or listening to Mozart is a wasted minute of my life (slight exaggeration).

Daniel