I've learned this from my teachers:

The older and more advanced you get, the harder Mozart
is to play.

I don't agree with the statement that high schoo kids
shouldn't play Mozart:  I think it's a great challenge
for them.  All three of my high school students are
playing some of the stuff, and it's a great tool for
them to learn musicality.  One of my kids got the
third concerto with Mozart's comments to the person he
originally wrote it for, and she gets a huge kick out
of it.

Just my two cents.

Sincerely,
Leslie Twite
University of Northern Iowa (Hoss is my homeboy)