--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> question...does anyone now own or play an Eb HORN???  I am most curious about
> the fingering
> sequence.

During large parts of the last century single F horns intended for band usage
were delivered with
an alternative Eb main tuning slide, and the valve slides had a pulling mark
signed Eb.

As for the fingerings: Eb horns playing Eb parts are fingered exactly like F
horns playing from F
horn parts. An Eb horn reading from F parts has to transpose one whole step up.
Which is no more
difficult than F horns often being required to transpose one whole step down
reading from band
parts written in Eb.

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre