From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
christine williamson
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:05 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Oil advice needed please

Greetings Listers,
I need some advice!

My horn has recently started to need oiling much more frequently, sometimes
two or three times in one day. Even when I've oiled at the start of a
practice or rehearsal it starts to get noisy and feels 'clunky' within an
hour or so.

I use Yamaha spindle oil and either Al Cass or Yamaha valve oil. I've used
these for at least a couple of years now and have only had to oil once or
twice a week until recently.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be a cause of this? Could I be using
the wrong types of oil?

I apologise for bringing up what has been a previously well discussed topic
but I don't have the knowledge nor confidence to make my own and choices are
very limited in the only local music shop.

It may even be that the oil is not the actual problem. Is it possible that
the weather is causing this? We have extreme humidity at the moment and the
horn is in and out of airconditioning all the time (although cooler the air
still seems to stay very clammy).

I would really appreciate any ideas or advice! Thankyou :)
Chris W