From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Quick question about cleaning.....
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:11:20 -0400

Lubricants will make a mess and attract grit like a magnet. Get an extra fine Scotch-Brite pad at home depot and polish any crud off the threads. You just want to remove what shouldn't be there. With the threads clean, rub them hard with a wad of wax paper. Keep the wad in your case to dress the threads when needed.