Benjamin Reidhead wrote:

-snip-

>       I love my horn, and how it plays with the C8 mouthpiece
> except for one issue: any note above written second-line g to
> one octave above fingered T, T2, or T1 (my horn stands in F)
> lacks a "core" to the sound when played at a FF or FFF volume
> and is not nearly as resistant as any other nearby notes; it
> sounds like a sock has been stuffed in my bell

-snip-

> This has led me to believe
> it is an equipment issue.  If anyone could offer any
> (relatively cheap) suggestions as to how to fix this issue,
> that would be great!

Two choices seem pretty obvious to me, Ben:

1. Take your horn to a competent repair person for a thorough going over.

2. Visit a store or other place where you can play a variety of horns
alongside your own and see if the problem can be reproduced on other horns.

I think I'd start with the repair person, but if the problem occurs when you
play other horns known to be in good working order, then you know it's you
and not your horn - and if it doesn't, then you need a repair or new
hardware.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how
improbable, must be the truth."  Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr. quotes (Scottish
writer, creator of the detective Sherlock Holmes, 1859-1930)

Good luck to you.

-S-