- My main tuning slide leaks.
- There is an heretofore unnoticed pinhole leak next to my first rotor on the F side due to a heretofore unnoticed failing solder joint. - My first and third F slides leak, with the valves not depressed, and even worse with them depressed. - My second Bb slide leaks only when the valve is depressed, but then it leaks horribly (the worst of them all), which is quite probabally the cause of my high register issues.
Hi Ben.

Take your horn to a competent technician (there are several on this list to whom you could send your horn) and have them expand your slides. If your horn is in otherwise good condition, this _may_ be enough to fix the leaks and solve your problem.

You may also need to have a valve job done, depending on what the compression test reveals. Once again, your local (or remote) technician ought to be able to advise you on this.

Also remember that advice you get from the list is worth the paper it's printed on: we can't see you or your horn, so specific pronouncements as to causes and cures are suspect.

   Bo