Hello Klaus, yes - there was nothing else than peace between
us, even we discuss things we both see from different views.

Regarding the 11th partial:
The 11th partial is written as "f2" allways, no matter if
the horn stands in F or C or G or D. This fact makes it
IMPOSSIBLE to name it (concert) Bb in your nomenclature, as
this is limited to the F-tonality. And there is no 11th
partial Bb. That´s why I called it comparing apple with
pears. That´s the one thing. And we have no F horns in this
particular Sinfonia. So the 11th partial CANNOT be Bb
(concert), but C for the G-horns & G for the D-horns.

Resume: talking about partials require to talk them as NOT
TRANSPOSED, means as written. They remain the same allways,
but sound different according to the instruments tonality.
Concert pitch has no place here, when talking partials,
please, but to make it understandable better for the laymen,
concert pitch should be given within brackets.

It becomes problematic really at the Adagio cadenza, where
(notated) f & a meet together for both pairs of horns, the
G-horns first, followed by the D-horns. Here the rather flat
a meets the rather sharp f. This is much easier on Descant
horns than on open played natural horns.  No wonder your
G-descant Alexander gets in trouble when down-tuned to F, as
this cylindrical F-crook shifts the whole proportions of the
sound-tube out of the regular. I do not speak of valves
here, - and, please do not misunderstand me here -, it is a
very very big difference, if a true high grade professional
plays that extreme pieces or an even experienced amateur.
Agreed ?

Sorry, I cannot accept that & I refuse to believe it, that
the Danish producer eliminated the solo horn from this
particular aria in the first act, as it is one of the very
high lights in the whole opera. Please check again if we do
not talk about different numbers.