Folks,

In my role as webmaster for our orchestra, I received the following email and thought
I would pass it on to others.

It says "community bands," but I found several community orchestras listed. Yes, I
did write back to them and suggested they edit the title.

Hi,

I am writing to let community bands know that MapMuse.com has added an interactive nationwide map of community bands to its services. We ask that you check to see if your band has been included, and if it is located properly (you can locate it by a specific address, a zip code, or a city, state). Please note that you can add rich, descriptive information directly to your band’s profile, including both text and a photo, contact information and a link to your website. There is an Add and Edit feature on the site (it is very easy to use- you can refer to http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/mmFAQ.htm#A4 for complete instructions). Through this kind of community effort, we hope to have the most comprehensive, and descriptive maps of community bands across the US. Please note that we provide this service at no cost to you, so it is in effect free advertising.

The direct link to the Community Bands page is as follows:
http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/interest.php?brandID=COMMUNITY_BANDS

If you are not familiar with Mapmuse.com, we are a highly trafficked mapping website with an Alexa traffic rating of approximately 12,000 in the world. MapMuse’s goal is to help people find places related to their interests, both at home and on their travels. In addition to our public use site, MapMuse.com, we provide mapping services to some of the largest real estate companies in the country. Your information will appear both on our public use site, and our real estate clients’ sites to help people looking for homes learn about a neighborhood.

Thanks, and I hope you find our services useful!

Cindy Jett
MapMuse.com
1326 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005