I am forwarding the following message on behalf of Elizabeth Danckwerts ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), who is not a list subscriber. If you have questions or comments, please contact her directly rather than responding to this message via the hornlist since she will not see you response.

Gary Greene

38th International Horn Symposium

21-29 July 2006

SA College of Music, University of Cape Town

Cape Town, South Africa

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.sahornsoc.com

From 21st to the 29th of July 2006, many of the world's top French Horn
players are expected to descend on Cape Town, South Africa for the 38th International Horn Symposium. This is the first time such an event is to be held in Africa and we are excited about the possibilities such an event can offer us. The programme will include many of the famous works for solo horn and ensembles, South African compositions and some new works. Jazz horn, natural horn and African traditional horn sessions will be encouraged as well. The theme of the symposium is "The Horn in Africa" and we are currently commissioning new works of an African flavour. In addition, numerous surprises will be included in the programme, including a leisure day where delegates can choose between a trip through the local winelands, sampling some of our best export quality wines, or other well known tourist attractions. We hope to offer many evenings with traditional and unusual functions.

Please visit our website www.sahornsoc.com, for more information and updates on the programme and accompanying projects, including a very exciting development programme to introduce French Horn playing to previously disenfranchised communities. Delegates will be invited to participate in the development projects in the townships during and after the symposium and will be able to interact within current teaching and ensemble programs.

Please register as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Elizabeth Danckwerts

IHS2006