I rarely post, but have a couple of questions and
would appreciate your experience and advice.

Two subjects: Ear protectioin, and section decorum.
Disgruntled section players disrespecting choices of
Principal,

Ear protection:
9 Horns in one line. Assistant, Principal, and Second
directly in front of Trumpets and Trombones, lower
horns in front of Percussion,  All sections complained
our bells pointed to them To me, it's simple science.
Reverse sections to get all of us out of the obvious
line of fire.....(did not feel appropriate making any
suggestions as I served as an extra).  Still looking
for the best solution in ear plugs.

I would also be intersted in opinions and experiences
of Principals that have dealt with the discontent of
section players. There are proper procedures in place
to handle needs, by the way. Please answer off line if
you would like.

Thank you for your help. I would like to maintain good
aural health.

Lisa