Message text written by The Horn List
> and it is an excerpt I have never heard of:
Hector Berlioz's "Overture: Beatrice and Benedict".  I can't find
anything specific about it online or in any excerpt books, and I have
yet to hear of this overture.  I don't have measure numbers or anything
else about where this is from<

Dear All

I have just caught up with this and must aplogise if anyone has already
answered.

It is a horn quartet near to the beginning of the overture with the 3rd
horn (in G) on the highest part. The third horn also has some entries with
the woodwind which can be quite difficult to play in tune. It is a great
overture and a lovely opera - fun to take part in but, once the overture is
out of the way, there is not much for the horns to worry about.  At one
point though, there is a great on stage trumpet trio.

Regards

Paul A. Kampen (W. Yorks UK)