From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 3:22 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Brahms symphony no. 4 with Wiener
Phil./Kleiber

Does anyone have the recording of Brahms 4th symphony with
Carlos Kleiber and the Wiener Philharmoniker on the DGG
label ?

44 bars (measures) before the end of the first movement,the
first horn plays a high B natural (or so it sounds to my
ears),which is an octave higher than Brahms wrote.Looking at
the score it is musically logical.Is it actually there,or is
it an audio illusion ?

I'm trying to settle an argument.

Thanks