My vote: *bad*

I cannot recommend any hornist use multiple different mouthpieces at the same
rehearsal/performance or even within hours/days of each other-except if the
person is a mouthpiece maker or testing many varieties before purchasing.

The serendipitous occasion:
After I forgot my Giardinelli C8 at home before a dress rehearsal, another
hornist in the section lent me an extra. This mouthpiece  worked immediately,
and so well that I gave the guy 50 dollars for it after rehearsal and sold the
C8 to someone else (also for 50 dollars).

The hypothesis:
A hornist should not have to adjust the embouchure to fit to a piece of metal,
the same way that person would not cut a portion of a foot off to fit into a
too-small shoe.  When a hornist tells me something like: "I am waiting to get
used to my new mouthpiece", this is quite alarming.

The shoe has to fit the first time around.  If it is leather, and too small,
there is a bit of leeway for the leather to stretch and mold itself to the
shape of the foot.

Looking at this in reverse, one could assume that the embouchure changes, as
leather would, to fit the  mouthpiece.  When a hornist uses multiple and
different mouthpieces, one could assume the embouchure adjusts a differently,
one time for each different mouthpiece.  Each change could be visualized as
usage of separate muscle groups in the embouchure-more or less simultaneously.

The consequences:
Unawares, I was using two different mouthpieces at a gig (horn and Wagner
tuba-one for each in order to facilitate the fast instrument swaps).

It only took four days of rehearsal for my embouchure to collapse.  Fortunately
the concert was still several days away.  Another hornist in the group was able
to correctly diagnose the problem.  He suggested that I pick one of the two
mouthpieces and stick with it.

Along with remedial exercises, the move to a single mouthpiece did the trick.
My embouchure recovered a few days before concert time.

Rachel Harvey