I could see how it could work with only two valves of a modern horn, e.g., I
find I can make (as can anyone else) a pretty passable second space A on an
open F horn, so the G# that's normally 2-3 could be the same with just the
second valve held down.  "Fully" chromatic is in the eye of the beholder, I
guess. :)

-S-