Just last week, I flew to the thriving metropolis of Aztec, New Mexico with my
MB2.  For the less-geeky, that's the fixed bell model.

I heard from another student using that case for her "pre-103" 103 that they
fit in the overheards on the largest planes, but unfortunately I'll probably
never use one of them until I go abroad again.

It definetly didn't fit in the overheard on the bug squasher or the smaller jet
planes, but it fit underneath just fine.  There is a major caveat here in that
it cutsyour leg room down by about 1/3rd.

As Josh the goat below has mentioned previously on the list, I'm not exactly a
towering juggernaut, so I imagine that if I was annoyed by the further
reduction of my precious leg room, those of a more normal stature would be even
more cramped.  Having said that, I prefer the convenience(day to day, not
flying!) and sound of a fixed bell horn and knew that flying with such a horn
would be a pain, so I was well aware of the sacrifice I was making.  Were I
planning on flying more, I might look into cutting the bell.

Having said all that, don't let anyone say you can't fly with a cut bell!  You
can as long as you learn the bell trick to get the horn under the seats and
don't mind a little less leg room.  But you will mind a little less leg room.
Trust me.  3 and half hours from SLC to CVG when the babies are crying, the
movie is showing with no sound since you have to buy headphones, the chips are
stales, the stewardess, I mean Flight attendant is being snotty.    You'll
mind.

Chris

PS SNAKES ON A PLANE