Klaus Bjerre wrote:

We are approaching NHR territory here, but I am most surprised about film being
the medium in the
said fine recordings.

When I went to school from 1954 trough 1966, video was not available. The
Danish state had a
pedagogical film-service covering especially historical, biological, and
geographical themes,
mostly in B/W. The medium was 16mm film, if my memory does not fail upon me.
The sound was optical
in form of a continuous white curved stripe running along the frames.

The 35mm film used on some Mercury (and, earlier, Everest) recordings was full-coat *magnetic* film. It wasn't an optical soundtrack, but recorded like magnetic tape.

                                Howard Sanner
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]