Howard Sanner wrote:
        Now for the important question: Can you adjust the recording level
on your Sony minidisc machine without putting it in pause? Mine,
several years old now, I like quite a lot, with the glaring
exception of that. Which is why I bought a Sharp.

Well, for the moment I can't answer beacuse I really had no time enough to explore the various device' possibilities (and I'm a lazy instructions reader). I'll try and see, and tell you.

In fact I did remember, from older posts, about that Sharp/Sony difference, and asked the shop: but they told me that the Sharp was out of production (maybe they just didn't have it).

Daniel