Jeremy Cucco opines:

For all of you who are microphone savvy and are surprised at my obvious
omission of perhaps the most famous microphone company, Neumann - this
omission was intentional.  I find most of the Neumann microphones of
today to be flawed, overpriced and hyped.

A man after my own heart. I think there are two, maybe three exceptions to this, but, on the whole, my Neumanns are what I try when everything else has been found wanting.

IMHO, if you want a price-is-no-object, take-no-prisoners, no-excuses solution to recording classical music, find a pair of Schoeps 221B's (**NOT** the Hungarian knockoffs!!!!!) with the desirable 934C (switchable omni/cardioid) capsules. They aren't particularly rare (about 4000 221B's were made), though the 934C capsules were only made for a few years and aren't real thick on the ground. Second choice would be the 221B with the 934B capsule. 934B's are real common. Just be prepared for sticker shock.

                                Howard Sanner
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]