The only drawback I can think of to oiling the rotor faces is that anything
more than a drop or two will wander elsewhere in the horn, melt your tuning
slide grease and transport it back into your valves, which will eventually make
for slow music.
    No matter how careful you may be to drop it right in there, it doesn't stay
there if there's enough of it.  You'll experience a temporary speed up,
followed by the slush pump effect later.  Then you just have to clean the
sludge out or add more oil for another temporary fix.
    I think your valves will work consistently faster if you play every day and
you don't oil the rotor faces.  Then again, judging by what I see in the shop,
most people have never experienced fast valves so it might just mess up your
technic!

- Stevie "Lightning" Mumford