--- Robert Osmun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please, enough name calling.  I've known Hans for quite a long time and
> think he's a pretty good guy. He's always been very generous with his wealth
> of knowledge and experience and is one of the very few professional hornists
> who even contribute to this list.  Please also remember that, even though
> Han's English is excellent, it's still not his first language. So, instead
> of spending your time in high dudgeon, why not take Mark Twain's advice:
> "Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.", and try to learn
> something.
>
> Bob Osmun

I am very much with Bob, and I think he touches the core of the perceived
problems. I do not agree
with all of Hans’s points of view, but my biggest complaint with Hans is that
his abilities of
expressing himself in English is not very good.

Hans is a few years older than me, but we have been raised in each our end of
the German spoken
northern-central Europe. When I read Hans, then I translate his formally
correct English back to
German, and then there are no attitude problems.

If you do not like Hans’s postings, then skip them. Yet you then will loose an
immense resource of
not only horn related, but general, inherited traditions of music.

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre,
who obviously is a Dane despite being raised in post-war Germany