Of course someone has to come up with an exception... In Dvorak's Symphony from
the New World in the last movement the horn parts go from E to F and back to E.
I assume that was written for the valved horn, so there are no crook changes.
Why was this done? To keep the horn players on their toes? Does this happen for
any other instrument?

Herb Foster