Hi Mara,

Pack the horn carefully (ask the person who is going to cut your bell for advice) and SHIP the horn to the craftsperson who is going to cut the bell. Ask them to ship it back when they are done.

Cheaper and safer than taking it on the plane..and even cheaper and safer if you ship the horn and stay home.

scottito

Hey guys:

I am fully aware that I have asked this before and I'm going to do it again with the slim possibility that things have either changed, or someone has newer information to offer me. I am flying from Detroit to JFK airport (NYC) on Northwest Airlines at the end of this month with a fixed bell horn. My purpose for going to NYC is to have the bell detached. I am obviously concerned about getting it on the plane without having it checked.
Does anyone have any advice or opinions?

Thanks,
Mara