From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Linda Sherman
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:04 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Conductors etc

hans wrote:

>What makes a good conductor ????

Speaking strictly as an audience member, the most reliable
factor that always seems to separate the good conductors
from the not-so-good is how they use tempo.  The good ones
just seem to have the right feel for the tempo and the
general flow of the music, while the not-so-good ones just
don't get the tempo and flow right

I find this very hard to describe.  Maybe someone can help
me out here.

Linda