From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:40 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Air travel with your axe redux

Well, this topic hasn't been hashed over on this list for at
least a day or two, so I guess it's time to revisit once
again by inviting you to follow the link to today's NY Times
online:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/10/nyregion/10musician.html

I can't say that I totally sympathize with one side or the
other in this one. It looks like undue force and precipitate
action on the part of the security but I have to image that
Ponomarev might have taken other measures to keep his
instrument with him. Of course, I wasn't there, so I'm
probably wrong on both accounts.

Not flying anywhere for the time being and glad for that,

Peter Hirsch